Monday, August 2, 2010

My Beth Fend

Okay, I will admit it Adlee has a lisp.  But for now I am just looking at it as cute, but the teacher in me is ready to work on it when she is talking more.  But that is not what this post is about.  This is all about Adlee’s best friend…Gaythie.  Known to all of us as Grace or Gracie. 

Gracie is a 5th grader at our church, so she is not quite in our youth group yet.  However, her older sisters are in the group, so she ends up hanging out with us a lot.  Adlee really loves her oldest sister, Erin.  But Erin has sadly been replaced.  This is Adlee and Erin right after camp this year. 

This weekend we were on a trip with our older kids and Adlee cried one night because Ewin (Erin) was there and she wouldn’t stop saying “I need Gaythie.”  So sad.  Luckily on Sunday night they were reunited.

IMG_3553

IMG_3556

BFF!!

IMG_3551

On a side note, Adlee has learned what to do when we pray.  She will always grap the hands of the people around her and “close” her eyes.  This is the face she makes EVERY time we pray.  Then she finishes with a very loud AMEN!!

IMG_3558

1 comment:

  1. As a speech-path, I sympathize with the horrible Mommy-quality of obsessing over your child's every developmental milestone. I think it's worse for teachers, speech-paths; people in said fields. I'm glad you find her lisp cute for now... I bet it's darling.

    ReplyDelete