Thursday, January 20, 2011

Four Days in my P.J.’s

So we have had quite the week!  I guess I would have to back up to last Friday to begin.  We were leaving at 1:00 for our yearly youth trip to Winterfest.  This is a trip that Adlee and I have gone on in the past, but we take my car.  We had 2 high school girls in the car with us and were a little past Norman when Adlee decided to get sick.  We immediately walkie talkied the vans and told them we were making an impromptu stop.  I knew she hadn’t really felt 100% but had no idea that was coming, poor Rae and Erin who were with us.  They are such champs!!  I decided it would be best for Adlee and me to turn around and come home…alone.  Jerred of course had to go with the teens.  That night Adlee seemed fine, she took a long nap and woke up happy.  We ended up having a fun weekend with no sickies! She was still sad there was no winterfest!

IMG_0101

Fast forward to Monday morning (Jerred got home on Sunday night), I woke up ready for us to have MLK day off and to have a fun family day.  Jerred and I both got sick.  TERRIBLY sick!!  Jerred had the flu and I ended up in the hospital with a stomach bug.  Being pregnant I was struggling to keep hydrated.  I had 2 bags of fluid and 2 rounds of meds…ICK!  Then with Jerred having the flu we could not come home because neither Adlee or I had it!  So we had to stay at my parents house until yesterday (Wed.).  So far Jerred has been the only one infected.  My parents, Adlee and I have all been on tamiflu since Tuesday to help protect us! 

Poor Jerred still has a terrible cough, but hopefully that will get better tomorrow!  Today we got to stay in our pj’s because we had a snow/ice day!  Since we all have been cooped up inside since Monday we had to get a little creative today with our activities!

Sadie even got to come in!

IMG_0103

We got out our markers (color wonder are the only ones allowed in this house)

IMG_0105

Played dress up.

IMG_0107

Played babies…and played like babies.

IMG_0108

Painted

IMG_0110

More dress up, look at that beautiful mess in the background.  It just screams fun!

IMG_0113

And we made and played with play dough!

IMG_0120

IMG_0124

We had a fun day, despite Daddy not getting to do much with us.  He is still trying to keep from hugging and kissing, which is very hard for this Adlee, she is a MAJOR Daddy’s girl!  He has had to take her to bed last night and tonight, she will NOT let Mommy do it.  If I try she throws a fit, I guess his night night praying is better than mine! 

I think Adlee and I are both ready to go to school tomorrow and get back to some normalcy!  It doesn’t hurt that it’s a Friday and then we will be done for the week, ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment